VerdEnergia Pacifica is honored to provide immersive educational experiences to people from all over the world.
With the principles of permaculture as our guiding tool, we seek to transmute the challenges facing our communities into replicable solutions. Our work enables us to find right livelihood through the regeneration and gentle cultivation of the forest we are honored to call home.
VerdEnergia was founded in 2006 by a small group of initial investors with the intention of building a cooperative farm to secure a healthy future for their families. Since then, we have been working to repair cattle land into a food forest in one of the most deforested areas of Costa Rica. VerdEnergia has received a number of grants and has since planted over 150,000 trees in our local area.
We warmly refer to VerdEnergia as our “laboratory,” because it has served as a valuable place to experiment with practices that enhance and preserve biodiversity in the forest and harmony within human relationships. After overcoming the threat of an encroaching prospective african palm oil plantation in 2013, Verde served as the birthplace of Blacksheep, a regenerative resource management company working in rural Costa Rica and abroad to reforest degraded landscapes and work with communities to protect economic sovereignty. VerdEnergia gained its USDA organic certification in July of 2019.
VerdEnergia now hosts Permaculture Design Certification Courses, internships, workshops and events. We are proud to have fostered friendships and connections between hundreds of allies from all over the world.
We envision diverse, empowered, conscious communities sharing a healthy and balanced planet.
VerdEnergia is working towards the realization of this vision by upholding these values:
- Reforesting damaged land into a food forest, thus establishing a suitable, healthy, and biodiverse habitat for humans, animals and plants.
- Protecting the land and watershed from foreign and/or short-sighted interests.
- Creating a replicable model for responsible land and watershed management for diverse human cultures.
- Establishing and sustaining educational programs to foster environmental awareness and peaceful revolution around the world.
- Creating opportunities for like-minded individuals and groups to gather and exchange ideas for a balanced society.
- Providing steady employment and opportunities for local micro-enterprises.
- Co-creating and participating in the growing network of regenerative communities in Costa Rica and around the world.
With the principles of Permaculture as our guiding tool, we seek to transmute the challenges facing our communities into replicable solutions. Our work enables us to find right livelihood through the regeneration and gentle cultivation of the forest we are honored to call home.